Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Poll: Do you agree with this?
This poll is closed.
Yes
50.00%
4 50.00%
No
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Shooting Through Faded One-Ways

Let's all be honest here. There are a LOT of people who break this rule. Even staff members and premium ranks.

Having a one-way fading prop where you can toggle to shoot through- we've all heard of it.. but why is it still relevant if it is so widely used?
Below is a (shit quality) image of what I mean.
https://imgur.com/a/XUtY8OH

I think this rule should be removed/changed, or at the very least have this as an exception.
~Nitro / Gordon

Massive Massive +REP.
rude but nice.

I still think we should just have 1 fading door max to enforce this mechanically.

Riddle me this; why do you, as a baser, want to use this kind of fading door/shooting window?

You can open the door and shoot the raider. And the door has to open before you can shoot and you can both see eachother when it opens so it's fair, right?

Not exactly. You already know where the raider is and they've no idea where you are. Likewise, you know when it's going to open (probably when they are cracking) but they do not. It's incredibly annoying (read: impossible unless you're wallhacking or defenders are AFK) to raid a base like this. It's still one-waying.

Massive - rep. Basically the same as sork said. Gives the defenders too much of an advantage
[Image: IS_THAT_SO.gif]

(05-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Sorkbonkler Wrote: I still think we should just have 1 fading door max to enforce this mechanically.

Riddle me this; why do you, as a baser, want to use this kind of fading door/shooting window?

You can open the door and shoot the raider. And the door has to open before you can shoot and you can both see eachother when it opens so it's fair, right?

Not exactly. You already know where the raider is and they've no idea where you are. Likewise, you know when it's going to open (probably when they are cracking) but they do not. It's incredibly annoying (read: impossible unless you're wallhacking or defenders are AFK) to raid a base like this. It's still one-waying.

We need to be careful to not nerf bases too much, defenders should always have an advantage over attackers.
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)

why do you think premiums care for the rules?
[Image: SO9ALCl.jpg]

(05-17-2018, 06:24 PM)Exhility Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Sorkbonkler Wrote: I still think we should just have 1 fading door max to enforce this mechanically.

Not exactly. You already know where the raider is and they've no idea where you are. Likewise, you know when it's going to open (probably when they are cracking) but  they do not. It's incredibly annoying (read: impossible unless you're wallhacking or defenders are AFK) to raid a base like this. It's still one-waying.

We need to be careful to not nerf bases too much, defenders should always have an advantage over attackers.

I DEFINITELY agree with Exhility here. If defenders don't have some degree of an advantage how will new players cope?
~Nitro / Gordon

What would be the point in raiding at all if you know the defenders are massively op and can kill you before you even choose to raid them. Raiders go into a raid with some hope of getting the spoils of their efforts. Your basically allowing raiders to put in 100% effort for 0 reward. I feel that you get raided a lot if you have to sit there and cry about the defenders not being advantaged enough. Realistically you should be able to go in to a raid having at least 50% of your confidence pointing towards victory, that's the point of it. All they're saying it it should be equal. You can see them, they can see you, you can shoot them they can shoot you.
[Image: lapudoa8763.gif]

(05-17-2018, 06:24 PM)Exhility Wrote: We need to be careful to not nerf bases too much, defenders should always have an advantage over attackers.
Defender has advantage, and still has advantage without one-ways. But "you don't know where he is or when the fading door opens but he does know those things about you" is unfair and incredibly annoying to fight against. It's a near 100% winrate for the defender if they're not AFK, and there's nothing you can do as raider except use wallhacks to fight it.
(05-17-2018, 06:52 PM)Nitroxium Wrote: I DEFINITELY agree with Exhility here. If defenders don't have some degree of an advantage how will new players cope?
"New players" don't make one-way shooting windows. They buy a door and put their printers in their bathroom. They don't get raided a lot because you don't see the building is populated, but when they do get raided they get steamrolled. They might set up a single fading door, behind a normal one, with a little help from an admin. But no one-way worldglow footshooting through doom hallways

New players do NOT use min/max bases unless friends gave them dupes (and they'll never learn how to build bases themselves). Veterans and other more experienced players know basing tricks too. Newbies don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 08:12 PM by Exhility.)

(05-17-2018, 06:58 PM)KittyBlue Wrote: What would be the point in raiding at all if you know the defenders are massively op and can kill you before you even choose to raid them. Raiders go into a raid with some hope of getting the spoils of their efforts. Your basically allowing raiders to put in 100% effort for 0 reward. I feel that you get raided a lot if you have to sit there and cry about the defenders not being advantaged enough. Realistically you should be able to go in to a raid having at least 50% of your confidence pointing towards victory, that's the point of it. All they're saying it it should be equal. You can see them, they can see you, you can shoot them they can shoot you.

I see Sork's point of view with it having to be a lucky bullet that kills the defenders, but I disagree with making it a 50% winrate. Realistically, attacking anything needs more power/skill than defending, due to the advantage of the structure you're using. The whole point of building a base is to protect your raidables and give you an advantage in defending, and forcing raids to be basically 1v1s might as well just encourage people buying houses and putting their printers in the bathtubs.

And no, I don't cry about defenders not being advantaged enough. I think they're quite strong as is, but I'm trying to keep the reminder that defenders > attackers in strength.

Building rules are already strict as is compared to other servers I've been on and I feel this suggestion is too big of a step. The rule should be reworded to avoid confusion.

-rep for me
(beware)
TOXIC
(beware)