Welcome to Hawk Servers Forums. Sign in through Steam to login!

Mug Improvement

Who is this suggestion targeted at? (i.e rank.. jobs..)
>> Those who mug others

What is your main suggestion(provide links if possible)
>> When a mug begins, surely you could program it so that it grab's the player's SteamID, and if they leave mid-mug, and the game somehow detects it isn't a crash, they have a warn or ban or any other repercussion for leaving to avoid roleplay?

How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> It stops quite a few tickets being made, and will stop alot of people leaving to avoid a mug. (I myself am a victim of this lol)

Pointless. Just make a sit.

(05-29-2018, 07:31 PM)Kai Wrote: Pointless. Just make a sit.

'How would your suggestion improve the server?
>> It stops quite a few tickets being made,'

Reconnecting is a problem. Leaving is not. If people are sad and angry because they're getting mugged again and nothing is going their way and they don't want to play the game for a while because it's not fun anymore, who are we to stop them? It's extremely unreasonable and selfish to be the angry one when someone ragequits due to your actions. Reconnecting is another story entirely, of course.

That's like... the people that complain about people leaving they steal every single one of their printers.
Who would've thought that someone who just lost everything they spent their cash on would want to leave?
Not just that- they're unable to spawn new printers since you've got theirs. "He just has to raid them back!" Yes, good luck taking or even destroying printers from a min/maxed 5 man megabase, by yourself, without using pay-to-win Thief Juggernaut jobs.

A system like this would have to check if the player reconnects within a certain period of time if they disconnected while being mugged. The "except crashes" is nice, but there's plenty ways to fake crashing, and it just seems like an awful lot of hassle to modify the mug system for something minor like this. If Dead's up for it, sure, but... i don't think he would be.

I mean they already have a mug log and a disconnect log so that could still be checked, but I do think a reconnect log would be a good idea but Remora is right it would be very hard to distinguish between real and fake crashes .
[Image: twdcHyt.png]